Public sector advisory group finalisedThe Public Sector Advisory Group is being established along side the other three sector advisory groups and will provide expert sector input into key NZICA projects. Appointments for this group have been finalised and the group members will prepare a work-plan for 2011 at its first meeting in the New Year.
NZICA’s Board and executive management team are delighted to have appointed a high calibre group from across its public sector membership. The Public Sector Advisory Group includes:
- 2 central government representatives: CFOs from Treasury Fergus Welsh and Inland Revenue Scott Scoullar.
- 2 local government representatives: Financial Controller from Auckland City Council Robert Nelson, and Corporate Services GM from South Taranaki District Council Phillippa Wilson.
- 1 Auditor-General representative: Assistant Auditor-General from the OAG, Wendy Venter.
- 2 representatives from the Tertiary Education Institutions sector: polytechnic CFO/Corporate Services Director Darren Mitchell from Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology and Group Accountant from one of the wananga Joe Hanita, Te Wananga o Aotearoa.
- 1 District Health Board sector representative: Finance Director from Counties-Manukau DHB Ron Pearson.
- 1 independent, non-NZICA member: Michael Beever from Statistics New Zealand a CFO who is CIMA qualified.
- 1 second tier senior public servant: Marc Warner, Deputy Chief Executive at the Ministry of Social Development as Chair.
21 December 2010