Waikato Public Sector SIG
Our main objectives are to:
- provide advocacy and support for members in the public sector with the aim of assisting them to make a substantial contribution to the sector and thereby raising the standards and the public perception of Chartered Accountants in government and quasi government organisations
- provide input into NZICA initiatives, programmes and processes that affect members in the Public sector, and those they work with and for
- understand the needs of Public Sector members through representation and consultation, ensuring appropriate two-way communication channels exist
- identify and promote learning opportunities for public sector members that are supported and relevant
- take every opportunity to promote the Institute and its benefits to members and non members in the sector.
Our member support activities include:
- under the governance of the branch committee, investigating and recommending to NZICA action, which it considers should be taken, or policies which should be adopted by NZICA on any issues relevant to to members in the public sector
- keeping members up-to-date on matters affecting them as members of NZICA and on matters concerning the public sector
- understanding the needs of public sector members through representation and consultation and ensuring appropriate two-way communication channels exist
- providing support networks and CPD opportunities relevant to members in the public sector
- encouraging member engagement.
The Waikato Public Sector SIG is currently on hiatus. If you are interested in being a convenor or would like to join the member support group pleast contact Sarah Rundstrom
For more information or to register your interest in joining this group, contact Sarah Rundstrom, Special Interest Group Coordinator by phone (+64 7 839 2834) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).